Date: April 5, 2019
1. Who is responsible for managing my information?
LNG Publishing Co. Inc.
7389 Lee Highway, Suite 300
Falls Church, VA 22042 USA
2. What information do we collect?
2.1 Data You Provide to Us
The types of personal information that we collect directly from you depends on how you interact with us and the Service and includes:
- Contact details, such as your name, email address, social media handle, postal address and phone number;
- Account login credentials, such as usernames, passwords, and similar security information;
- Comments, feedback and other information you provide to us, including search query data and questions or information you send to customer support; and/or
2.2 Data from Service Use
The Service automatically collects information about how you and your device interact with the Service, including:
- Computer, device and connection information, such as IP address, browser type and version, operating system, mobile platform and unique device identifier and other technical identifiers, error reports and performance data;
- Usage data, such as the features you used, URL click stream data, including date and time stamp, and referring and exit pages, and pages you visited or searched for on the Service; and/or
- For location-aware Services, the region, city or town where your device is located in order to provide you with more relevant content for where you are in the world.
2.3 Data from Other Sources
We also may obtain personal information about you from other third parties, including:
- Social networks when you grant permission to access your data on one or more networks;
- Our service providers that help us determine a location based on your IP address in order to customize the Service to your location;
- Partners with which we offer co-branded services or engage in joint marketing activities or event sponsorship and hosting; and/or
- Publicly-available sources and data suppliers from which we obtain data to validate or supplement the information we hold.
3. How do we use the information?
We use your personal information to:
- To administer our site or subscription services and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes
- To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us.
- To provide technical, product and other support and to help keep the Service working, safe and secure;
- Enhance and improve the Service and our other products and services and to develop new products, services and benefits;
- Offer you customized content and other personalization to make the Service more relevant to your interests and geography;
- Respond to your requests, inquiries, comments and concerns;
- Notify you about changes, updates or other announcements related to the Service and our other products and services;
- Deliver targeted advertisements, promotional messages, notices and other information related to the Service, your interests and other products, events and services;
- Invite you to participate in user testing, surveys, competitions and similar promotions;
- Identify usage trends and develop data analysis, including for purposes of research, audit, reporting and other business operations, including determining the effectiveness of our promotional campaigns and evaluating our business performance, or in other ways pursuant to a customer agreement; and/or
- Comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements.
- We may also use your data, or permit selected third parties to use your data, to provide you with information about goods and services which may be of interest to you and we or they may contact you about these by post, email or telephone.
If you do not want us to use your data in this way, or to pass your details on to third parties for marketing purposes, please email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note, if you request or download any information, hosted by a third party, we will pass your details to that third party to fulfil your request.
4. Who will you share my information with?
4.1 Our Organization
If you access the Service through a subscription administered by your organization, your personal information and certain usage data gathered through the Service may be accessed by or shared with the administrators authorised by your organization for the purposes of subscription management and compliance, cost attribution and departmental budgeting.
4.3 Our Processors
Depending on the Service provided, we share information with:
4.4 Your Choices
We share your personal information with joint venture partners and other third parties, that wish to send you information about highly relevant products and services that may be of interest to you.
4.5 Legal Reasons
We also disclose your personal information if we have a good faith belief that such disclosure is necessary to meet any applicable law, regulation, legal process or other legal obligation or detect, investigate and help prevent security, fraud or technical issues.
5. On what legal basis will we process your information?
When we collect from you any personal information within the scope of European and other privacy and data protection laws, we do so
- with your consent;
- where necessary to provide the Service, fulfill a transaction or otherwise perform a contract with you or at your request prior to entering into a contract;
- where necessary for our compliance with a legal obligation;
- as necessary to fulfill our legitimate interests as described below
Where we rely on your consent to process personal information, you have the right to withdraw your consent at any time, and where we rely on legitimate interests, you have the right to object.
Our legitimate interests are: to deliver our products to you and operate our business; to detect or prevent fraud; to protect the security of our systems, customers and users; to further develop our products through market research; to conduct direct marketing to tell you about our own highly relevant products and services. You can ask us to stop doing so at any time; to share your contact information with third party companies who may contact you to about their highly relevant products and services. You can withdraw your consent at any time.
6. How long will you keep my data?
We retain your personal information for as long as necessary to provide the Service and fulfill the transactions you have requested.
For other essential purposes such as complying with our legal obligations, maintaining business and financial records, resolving disputes, maintaining security, detecting and preventing fraud and abuse, and enforcing our agreements.
7. What data security do you have in place?
We use a variety of administrative, physical and technical security measures to help safeguard your personal information.
Locations of Processing
The data that we collect from you may be transferred to, and stored at, a destination outside the European Economic Area ("EEA"). It may also be processed by staff operating outside the EEA working for us or for one of our suppliers.
All information you provide to us is stored on secure servers.
Any payment transactions will be encrypted. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential.
If we transfer your personal data to service providers outside the European Economic Area then we will always use a lawful method to do so.
8. What are my rights?
You have the right under European and certain other privacy and data protection laws to request free of charge:
- access to and correction or deletion of your personal information,
- that we cease or limit our processing of your personal information,
- a copy of your personal information (right to data portability), and to
- object at any time to processing of personal information concerning you for direct marketing. If you would like to exercise any of these rights, please contact us at the address set out below. We will respond to your request consistent with applicable laws. To protect your privacy and security, we may require you to verify your identity.
10. Who can I contact if I have queries about this privacy notice?
LNG Publishing Co. Inc.
7389 Lee Highway, Suite 300
Falls Church, VA 22042 USA
If you are dissatisfied with our handling of any complaint you also have the right to raise concerns with The UK Information Commissioner: https://ico.org.uk